Whether looking to move house or purchase your first property, there is no doubt that you probably already have a slight idea of what you are looking for. However, it is incredibly important that you don’t rush into anything, or purchase the first properly that you like without conducting thorough research first. Finding the most suitable property could be slightly more complex than you first anticipated, but don’t let this phase you, take your time and your efforts will be worth it in the end.
Here are some of the things that you need to consider:
Your ideal property
- Think about how many bedrooms you are going to need. Do you really need a spare bedroom, or would a sofa bed in the lounge work fine?
- Do you want a new build or an older house with lots of ‘character’? Remember that if you are considering a house that requires a lot of work, you need to budget for this accordingly.
- Before you even start to look at properties, you should work out how much you can realistically spend without making yourself struggle.
- In plenty of advance start shopping around for the best mortgage deals to suit your individual needs and requirements.
Location, location, location
- Think about not only locations that you would like to live, but also locations that you are going to need to visit and ensure that the houses that you look at are within reasonable travelling distance.
- Visit an area a few times before deciding whether it is for you or not, check out local amenities and neighbourhoods to get a feel for a place.
- If you are thinking about starting a family, take a look at local schools and admissions criteria.
- If you are thinking about moving further afield and after researching it seems like the best option, do not worry about transporting your belongings as a Removals London company will be more than happy to assist you.
Where to look
- Zoopla, Rightmove and Prime Location are just three online property website, where you can easily view properties for sale. Be sure to check these on a regular basis as they are constantly being updated with new properties
- Register with multiple estate agents and provide them with a list of requirements that you are looking for in a house. They will then be able to let you know as soon as new houses become available.
- Consider buying a house at auction – this can save you a lot of money and get people the best deals.
These are of course only some of the available tips for those looking to purchase a house. The main thing to remember is to take your time, and research scrupulously. Good luck!